The History of Morton Trentside Primary School
Morton Trentside Primary School was built in 1843 as a 'national school'. In 1871, it was enlarged, and the infant schoolroom was added in 1882.
By 1903, the school was known as Morton CE School and, in 1929, it was taken over by Lindsey County Council to become Morton Council School.
In 1946, senior children were transferred to Ropery Road School and, in 1947, the school became Morton County Primary School.
A new school was constructed near Morton playing fields and was officially opened on 11th June 1986. It took its present name of Morton Trentside Primary School in September 1999.